What is the GS1 Global Traceability Conformance?
The GS1 GTC (GS1 Global Traceability Conformance Control Points & Compliance Criteria) is a Global Traceability tool developed for proactive monitoring of manufacturers products and processes ensuring their security, quality, product certification, origin, content, and compliance with current local and international regulations including recall.
It was developed to help the industry to maintain a common and understandable traceability language when sharing traceability information between trading partners across the extended supply chain.
What is the objective and scope of the Global Traceability Conformance?
- It measures conformance to GS1 standards and provides management with actionable reports aimed at facilitating improvement.
- Reduces the impact of product recall and withdrawals due to better visibility on the product flow using GS1 standards.
- Provides standardized information exchange between stakeholders in the chain increase efficiency and transparency, while increasing consumer confidence.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and with traceability requirements of HACCP, BRC, IFS and Global Gap. Fulfils traceability requirements of main food regulations such as EC 178-2000, 2002 Bioterrorism Act - FDA, Food Sanitation Law in Japan among others.
- All for Efficient Traceability.
GS1 Global Traceability Conformance